This roasted sweet potato and cauliflower “rice” side dish is an easy and delicious combo. It’s a bit zesty, a little spicy, and a lot flavorful! Pair these veggies with chicken, fish, eggs or even meatballs for a complete meal. It tastes wonderful cold too!
Meanwhile, I have an intention to invest more time in my blog this year, even if it’s only a little bit more. I enjoy having this space to share and miss doing so on a more regular basis. Last year was challenging in many ways and stepping back was necessary for me. Some challenges still continue, but things are evolving. Coming back around, I think blogging will be quite nurturing and I look forward to it.
Zesty Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Cauliflower “Rice”
- 2 large white sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced into thin half moons
- 16 oz coarsely riced cauliflower
- 1-2 Tbsp avocado oil (I used this brand)
- 1.5 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Fresh ground lemon pepper seasoning, to taste (I used this one)
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. On a large baking sheet, mix together sweet potato pieces, onion, garlic, all the spices, and 1 Tbsp of the avocado oil. Place in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the cauliflower rice. If needed and/or desired, add up to 1 Tbsp more avocado oil and additional sea salt and black pepper. Mix well and place pan back in oven for 20-30 minutes, stirring midway through.
[…] Zesty Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Cauliflower “Rice” […]