Our sunny, warm weather is finally here and for a consistent period of time too. I am so happy! And, with that said, I’m thinking even more about summery foods like salads and barbecue. This creamy, dairy-free lemon poppy seed dressing is perfect to have on hand for those warmer days and I’ve actually been using it everyday on my salads for lunch as of late.
Speaking of lunch, there’s nothing I love more than a huge ass salad as my mid-day meal. I throw in whatever’s in my fridge — mixed greens, turkey burger, chicken or smoked salmon, sauerkraut, carrots, cucumber, fresh herbs, sunflower seeds, etc. — it’s all fair game. Normally, I just use olive oil or guacamole as my dressing, but this lemon poppyseed dressing has been a nice and refreshing way to mix things up. It’s definitely lemony, but that’s kinda the point. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Dairy-Free Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp homemade avocado oil mayo or a high-quality brand like this one
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2.5 Tbsp sweet onion, finely minced
- 1.5 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp poppyseeds
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients, except the poppyseeds in a blender. Blend about 30-60 seconds, until frothy. Add the poppyseeds and blend for another 20-30 seconds.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Store in a covered container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Leave a Reply