With the holiday season here, there will be plenty more dinners, parties, and get togethers, and I’m willing to bet you’re going to need side dish recipes to share. This roasted Brussels sprouts mixture is festive, healthy, and colorful bounty is perfect. And, not only is it visually pleasing, it’s delicious too. I especially love the pop of color and burst of tart flavor from the cranberries.
Also, you may notice that the Brussels sprouts are purple (or would it be red?). I had never seen this variety before and couldn’t resist the beautiful color. If you can’t find the purple ones, green work just fine and taste the same.
Meanwhile, I hope all of you had a lovely Thanksgiving last week, and enjoyed time with family and friends.
Cheers and enjoy!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Delicata Squash & Cranberries
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced in half
- 1 medium delicata squash, sliced in half lengthwise, seeded, and cut into half moons
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried sage
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place Brussels sprouts, cranberries, squash, and shallot on a large baking sheet (line with parchment, if desired) and drizzle with the avocado oil. Sprinkle the thyme, sage, sea salt, and black pepper on top. Toss to combine and spread out in an even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are crispy and browned. If desired, give a gentle stir halfway through cooking time.