I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…I am not a sports person. I only bring this up because the Super Bowl is right around the corner. Naturally, I don’t plan to watch the game or attend any parties, but obviously, many of you will. That’s great…it’s just not my thing! I’ll admit that I sometimes watch the halftime show, but it’s usually always after the fact. Oh, and per usual, I have no idea which teams are playing this year. Like I said, not my thing!
However, I am happy to offer a recipe for all you Super Bowl partakers and of course, it’s a healthier version of a party classic. I know buffalo chicken dip or wings are common football food and even outside of a football context, I’ve never had buffalo chicken dip and am straight up not a chicken wings fan. With that said, I opted to make a healthier, dairy-free version of buffalo chicken dip, so it was my first time ever having something of the sorts. And, I liked it…a lot! If you’re looking for other healthier versions of party food to share at your Super Bowl gathering, be sure to check out my spinach artichoke dip too.
Also, I’ll be making this recipe on KATU Afternoon Live next Friday, February 2, so stay tuned! Oh, and if you didn’t get my update on Facebook and Instagram, my January segment that I recorded earlier this month will be shared at a later time. It was recorded, but the main host and producer were sick, so they had to do things a little differently that day. I’ll be sure to share it once it’s released! UPDATE: watch the replay of my segment HERE.
Cheers and enjoy!
- 4 cups boneless skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup homemade avocado oil mayonnaise or a high-quality brand like this one
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (I used Frank’s Original — it’s straight forward and clean)
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried onion
- 1 tsp onion granules
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 3/4 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Fresh chives, chopped, for garnish
Options for serving:
- Sliced veggies (celery, carrots, cucumber, etc.)
- Plantain chips
- Grain-free tortilla chips
- Sweet potato chips
- On top of salad greens
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add shredded chicken to a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the mayo, hot sauce, and all the spices except for the chives. Pour over shredded chicken and stir to coat.
- Pour chicken mixture into an 8×8 baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until edges are bubbly and light brown. Garnish with chives and serve warm.