This grain-free “rice” stuffing is perfectly savory and tastes like Thanksgiving. It’s flavor and texture is impeccable, and I can’t even fathom how incredible it would taste with turkey. It’s been amazing with chicken, and I think it would also pair well with mild fish, pork tenderloin, and even eggs. If you ask me, it’s a must-have side dish for the holiday season!
Since this stuffing is not grain-based, it doesn’t leave you with that heavy belly, carb coma feeling. Instead, it’s veggie based, light, and leaves you feeling great. No stomach aches or fatigue!
Cheers and enjoy!
P.S. Can you believe it’s only one week until Thanksgiving? Where has this month gone?!
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 16 oz package cauliflower rice
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp dried sage
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup turkey or chicken broth, homemade or high-quality store-bought
- 5.29 oz package roasted & peeled chestnuts, roughly chopped (I used this brand)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Once melted, add the onion, celery, and carrot, and sauté 6-7 minutes or until softened.
- Next, add the mushrooms, cauliflower rice, poultry seasoning, dried sage, sea salt and black pepper. Stir well and cook for 8-10 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the broth, chestnuts, and fresh parsley. Stir well, cover, and cook for another 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Lastly, stir in the chopped pecans and serve.