One pan meals are pretty much my favorite. They’re simple, efficient, and most importantly, easy to clean up! I also love that ample leftovers are often a result. Plus, the options and flavor varieties are endless.
This recipe is loaded with everything you need: healthy fats, good-quality protein, healthy carbs, green veggies, and herbs/spices. Feel free to tweak the spice ratios to your taste and swap out any of the veggies based on preference or what you have on hand.
Meanwhile, I’ll be making this recipe TODAY on KATU Afternoon Live. I’ll be sure to share the replay link once it’s available, but if you want to tune in live, the show is on from 3-4pm PST.
Cheers and enjoy!
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into large chunks
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium-large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 large broccoli crown, chopped into florets
- 3-4 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- Pinch of cayenne
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a large bowl, add the onion, chicken, sweet potato, carrot, and broccoli. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the avocado oil, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, garlic, oregano, smoked paprika, cumin, cayenne, sea salt, and pepper. Pour mixture over chicken and veggies and stir well to coat.
- Pour chicken and veggie mixture onto prepared sheet pan and spread out in an even layer.
- *Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sweet potatoes are fork tender. *Note if chicken is done before the vegetables (mainly the carrots and sweet potatoes), feel free to remove what’s done from the sheet pan and set aside while veggies finishing cooking.
Yields: ~4 servings