Lately, I’ve been craving cauliflower “porridge” or as it’s sometimes referred to, “no’oatmeal.” Regardless of what you call it, I’ve had a hankering for it. I made a big pot last week with what I had on hand and it totally hit the spot. I swear, it was even better than I remembered. I haven’t it made it in a long time…probably since I shared my first cauliflower porridge recipe. Anyway, it’ll probably be on repeat for a while now and fortunately, there are so many ways to mix up the flavors…just like traditional oatmeal. In this case, I went with golden milk as my flavor inspiration.
Also, you’ll notice that I made this recipe more nutrient-dense by mixing in grass-fed collagen powder and pasture-raised eggs. The added protein gives it a bit more staying power, in addition to extra nutrients. And, know that the ratios for things like the spices and raw honey are mere suggestions. Always tweak things to your liking!
Cheers and enjoy!
- 1 medium-large head cauliflower, riced or 16 oz bag prepared cauliflower rice
- 13.5 oz can full-fat coconut milk (I like this brand, which has no gums)
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1.5 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 scoops grass-fed collagen powder (I recommend this brand OR this brand)
- 1-2 Tbsp raw honey, or more to taste
- 2 eggs, preferably pasture-raised, whisked
- Cacao nibs
- Unsweetened coconut
- Blueberries, banana slices, etc.
- Hemp hearts
- Grain-free granola
- Ground flax
- Extra drizzle of tahini or other nut/seed butter
- Extra drizzle of raw honey
- Add all the ingredients, except the raw honey and eggs to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir well to mix everything together.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once porridge is done simmering, remove from heat and add a small amount of the mixture to the whisked eggs to temper. Add a little more porridge and whisk again. Then, add the egg mixture to the porridge and stir well.
- Add raw honey and stir well. Taste and adjust flavor (spices, honey, tahini, etc.), as desired.
- Serve warm or cold with toppings of choice.
*Note: porridge will thicken some as it cools.