It is scorching here this week! Our perfect summer temperatures have skyrocketed and we’re all seeking ways to stay cool. I know, kinda crazy that I’m sharing a slow cooker recipe, but I made this on a more normal hot day, so it was fine. If it is extra hot, get this going early in the morning to beat the heat. It’s worth it and makes for such a great summer meal. Plus, you really can’t go wrong with barbecue shredded meat. I highly recommend serving this with homemade coleslaw on the side, along with whatever else you like (roasted sweet potatoes are especially wonderful with both).
Meanwhile, I’m headed back to Michigan for a visit this Sunday and will be gone for 10 days. I’m greatly looking forward to seeing my family and friends, and spending time on the lake. I’m ready for a little R&R.
Cheers and enjoy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (roughly 2-2.5 lb worth)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup paleo BBQ sauce, either homemade or a high-quality brand like this one
- Add chicken, onion, and garlic to the bottom of the slow cooker. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper. Add BBQ sauce and cover with lid. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-5.
- Once done, shred the chicken with two forks and stir to coat with the sauce.
Yields: 4-6 servings