Mark this as another delicious one-pan meal to add to your list of easy, healthy recipes. It’s a great go-to anytime, but especially on a busy day. One pan, a complete meal, reasonable number of ingredients, and lots of flavor. The citrus herb marinade really works its magic and takes this dish to the next level. You can find the marinade online at Thrive Market (get 25% off your first order HERE) or at Whole Foods.
On a separate note, I am so excited for tomorrow because I’m going to see Jim Gaffigan live here in Portland! I can’t wait to laugh a lot, kick back, and spend quality time with Jesse and our close friends (we’re going with another couple). I won’t go into details, but life has been a bit heavy lately, so this comes at the perfect time. For those who don’t know, Jim Gaffigan is a comedian and one I’ve been wanting to catch live for a long time. My opportunity is finally here! Meanwhile, if you need a good laugh, check out some of his clips on YouTube.
Cheers and enjoy!
- 1 Tbsp grass-fed ghee or other fat of choice
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 large broccoli crown, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup The New Primal Citrus Herb marinade (find HERE and get 25% off your first order)
- Melt ghee in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté for a couple minutes. Then, add the diced chicken and season to taste with sea salt and black pepper. Continue to cook for about 5-6 more minutes, until chicken is nearly done.
- Add the sweet potato and stir. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover for 2-3 minutes. Then, add the broccoli and marinade, and more sea salt and/or black pepper, if desired. Cover again and let cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Check doneness of broccoli and sweet potato, and if need be, let cook a little longer.
Yields: 2 servings